Sudamerika Kristall is a Crystals Shop in Sydney we stock some of the highest quality Amethyst Crystals on the market. Sudamerika Kristall was born within the magnificent volcanic rock formations of Southern Brazil. The elaborate Amethyst-grottos that have formed here are world-renowned for producing naturally beautiful stones, that are deeply coloured and of exceptional quality.
The Meaning Of Amethyst
The name Amethyst translates in Greek to, “not drunken.” An ancient Greek myth explains this seemingly odd name. According to the myth, the god Bacchus was angry and had vowed to descend a hoard of tigers upon the first person who crossed his path.
Amethyst was on her way to give thanks at the shine of the god Diana when she happened upon Bacchus. Before the tigers could eat Amethyst, she was saved by Diana, who turned her into a clear crystal. Bacchus, remorseful for the fate he had so recklessly caused the girl, poured the juice of grapes over the stone as an offering, and thus bestowed the crystal with its unique purple coloring. The Greeks gave Amethyst crystal meaning, perpetuating a belief that it could inhibit the intoxication of all who wore it.
In the Chinese philosophy of Feng Shui, the meaning is quite different. Amethyst properties are not of sobriety, but of wealth in this ancient harmonizing technique. If placed in the wealth corner, amethyst can amplify the flow of prosperity into the home.
Amethyst crystal is one of several varieties of quartz, which gives it a crystal trigonal system. With a hardness of 7 on the Mohs scale, it is a durable stone. Its lavender to violet shade is the result of iron and aluminum deposits, as well as natural irradiation. Amethyst stone is made up of silicon dioxide.
Despite its prevalence, Amethyst has been one of the world’s most revered stones for many centuries. Found in as many places as Brazil, Bolivia, Mexico, Africa, Canada, Russia, USA and Europe, this stone has a rich history of astonishing civilizations with its stunning, saturated beauty.
While the Neolithic people in Europe it as a mere decorative emblem around 25,000 B.C., Ancient Greeks and Romans used Amethyst in several ways from beads in jewelry to amulets. These ancient civilizations placed a high value on this stone. Their belief was that the amethyst crystal meaning was synonymous with luxury. As such, it was highlighted as part of their crowns, scepters, and rings. Christian bishops once wore amethyst jewelry in the form of a ring. Its color was meant to symbolize royalty and allegiance to Christ.
Members of the Catholic clergy wore the amethyst stone in their crosses because their amethyst meaning was one of piety and celibacy. It is even thought that the breastplate of the high priest of Israel was adorned with amethyst as its ninth stone. It’s said that there were ten stones upon which the names of the tribes of Israel were engraved, and amethyst is believed to have been one of such stones.
- Amethyst prevents drunkenness and has a sobering effect on overindulgence, it supports sobriety.
- It overcomes addiction and blockages of all kinds.
- It strengthens the cleansing and eliminating organs and circulatory system.
- Amethyst helps you break free from addictions, including those to food, sex, prescription, and non-prescription drugs.
- It can boosts the production of hormones and tunes the endocrine system and metabolism. It strengthens the immune system.
- It is an excellent cleanser for the blood.
- It relieves physical, emotional and psychological pain or stress and blocks geopathic stress. It eases headaches and releases tension.
- This stone reduces bruising, injuries, and swellings, and treats hearing disorders.
- Amethyst heals diseases of the lungs and respiratory tract, skin conditions, cellular disorders, and disease of the digestive tract.
It is beneficial for the intestines, regulating flora, removing parasites, and encouraging re-absorption of water. It can help treat insomnia and brings restful sleep.
- It eases headaches, diseases of the brain.
- Massages with Amethyst will alleviate tension headaches. It is good for the nerves and skin, calms itching and sunburn, and lowers high blood pressure.
- Amethyst brings calmness and clarity and is a wonderful stone when working in times of confusion or chaos.
- It provides common sense and flexibility in times of crisis.
- Emotionally, it calms and synthesizes, and aids the transmission of neural signals through the brain.
- This stone is helpful where insomnia is caused by an over-active mind and protects against recurrent nightmares.
- It promotes responsibility, self-worth, spiritual peace and meditation.
It enhances memory and improves motivation, making you more able to set realistic goals.
- It can help you to remember and understand dreams and facilitates the visualization process. It balances out highs and lows, promoting emotional centering. It dispels anger, rage, fear, and anxiety, alleviating sadness and grief, it supports coming to terms with loss.
- Amethyst strengthens and enhances psychic abilities and the ability to tune in with external vibrations and energies.
- It can help reduce nightmares at night and anxiety during the day.
- It is considered an excellent healing stone because of its abilities to allow you to self soothe and find strength in chaos.
- This crystal is recommended for stress relief.
- It is extremely beneficial to the mind, calming or stimulating as appropriate.
When you meditate, it turns thoughts away from the mundane into tranquillity and deeper understanding. Mentally, it helps you feel less scattered, more focused and in control of your faculties.
- It enhances the assimilation of new ideas and connects cause with effect.
This stone facilitates the decision-making process, bringing in common sense and spiritual insights, and putting decisions and insights into practice.
It guards against psychic attack, transmuting the energy into love.
- It can stabilise psychiatric conditions, but should not be used in cases of paranoia or schizophrenia. It sends you inner peace and helps with sadness and grief.
- It is relaxing and also encourages an alert, conscious state. Massages with Amethyst before going to bed are reviving and will help you understand your dreams. It has a calming effect and can help people who are suffering overexertion.
Amethyst healing properties are as plentiful as the stone itself. It is thought of mostly as a protective stone. As it is linked to the crown chakra, it is helpful in purifying the mind and clearing it of negative thoughts. This includes the negativity of stress and anxiety, which is why many meditate with it to rid themselves of that darkness.
It has healing properties that are especially useful in regards to work-related stress because the stone is also associated with abundance; therefore relieving stress while emanating prosperity. The properties which facilitate intuition and communication can also be applied to increased work effectiveness.
Using Amethyst to decorate the home is a choice many make for its appearance, alone. However, the stone can have many metaphysical benefits as well if placed in the right room. In the family room can assist in familial bonding time, and provide the confidence and calm necessary for open communication.
In the office will bring intuition for making tough, gut decisions in business, and stress-relief for long workdays. Placing it somewhere in the bathroom is another way to relieve anxiety during a soothing bath.
Amethyst is the birthstone for February, and known as the Zodiac stone for Pisces. It is also linked to the element of Wind. This element is believed to activate the mind and assist in clairvoyance and intuition.
It is the ideal stone for meditation that seeks to discover the reason for certain behaviors or actions, both on the part of oneself, or another. Whether you are looking to meditate for relaxation, abundance, protection or communication, a good mantra is: “I trust myself, I see what I need and it will come to me.“
To meditate, go into a room with soft lighting and calm energy. You can use an Amethyst point, to send energy and intentions into the universe, or a cluster. Sit or lay on the floor with it in the palm of your hand, and breathe in the violet energy.
Visualize what it is you want. Allow the mellow energy to bring to a state of clarity. Imbue your soul with confidence and feel it radiating its protection into your spirit. When you are ready, take one last deep breath in, and slowly open your eyes as you breathe out.